“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.”
Dear Friends of Liberty…
We want to wish you a Happy Independence Day commemoration!
Well, we want to… but the words shared from above cause us to ask how we can celebrate effectively if we are not liberated from the same trials that challenged the Founders of the Republic. And what were those challenges? Simply put, that the rights of the People had become subjugated to the whim of some mortal ruler or rulers and that the subjugation was being be enforced at the cost of blood. Do you suppose, that we may be headed in that direction. The simplest premise of the Declaration of Independence is that our Rights come from God and that is the purpose of government to secure those rights.
By 4 July, 1776, the signers of the Declaration attested to 27 grievances which had brought them reluctantly but inevitably to war with the mother country. Independence was the commitment required to preserve life, liberty and property and blood was the currency through which that commitment was kept. What is different today? Though this is delicate territory to be tread with care, how can the question be avoided or ignored?
The first thing to understand is the miracle of our nation’s birth. A ragtag army of tradesman and farmers and laborers and ministers, young and old – who often fought without pay, not knowing where their next meal was coming from, having their clothing falling off their backs and leaving blood from their broken and blistered feet on the snow and soil – won that contest over the most powerful military force on the planet at the time. What was the miracle that brought this about?
Consider in addition, that after Revolutionary Victory, our young nation’s troubles were not over. The weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation caused internal struggles and jealousies between states, inflation out of control and an observing world standing by to see if the lands of the struggling new nation could be overtaken when this experiment in freedom fell apart. But… it didn’t fall apart, because there was another miracle: The Constitution. It cannot be overstated that if it weren’t for the Constitution for these united States, the Declaration of Independence would only be a remark in the history books. Instead, because of the Constitution, we can, do, and hopefully, will continue to celebrate this commemoration of freedom.
What should we do, though, almost 250 years later, when the natural rights of the People are again, become subjugated to the whim of some mortal ruler or rulers. How is this manifest? Here are just a few examples:
- Oath bound public servants at the state and federal levels, clamor to limit the ability of the people to the means of exercising our right of self-defense, at nearly every level of government, in violation of the Second Amendment;
- Oath bound public servants in Congress continually support involvement in global conflicts with indefinite timetables in deployments around the world in violation of Article 1, Section 8, Clauses 10-11 of the Constitution:
- “Congress shall have power to declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;
- “To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years;”
- Oath bound public servants in Congress continually support the debauchery of the nation’s currency through a central bank at such a rate that hyperinflation is now unavoidable in violation of Article I, Section 8, Clauses 4:
- Congress shall have power to coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;
- Oath bound public servants at every level across the land have advanced and assented to levels of control unprecedented in our lifetimes over the ability of the people to pursue a living, engage in commerce, travel, worship and associate indefinitely, because of a “health emergency.”
- “The constitution of the United States is a law for rulers and people, equally in war and in peace, and covers with the shield of its protection all classes of men, at all times, and under all circumstances. No doctrine, involving more pernicious consequences, was ever invented by the wit of man than that any of its provisions can be suspended during any of the great exigencies of government.
- EX PARTE MILLIGAN 71 US 2 (1866)
United States Supreme Court – December Term, 1866
Time and space are just not available to add more for now. You can probably share some as well.
What makes the Constitution such a miracle, though? There are two reasons among many.
- The Constitution, even in its weakened and battered condition, still appears to stand in the way of complete tyranny in America! It’s enemies know that it must be trashed to fully succeed if Americans are to eventually become “…good global citizens.”
- The Constitution has the teeth to ADVANCE the Cause of Liberty that can be activated today, tomorrow and on an ongoing basis. If you caught the clues about where the teeth are, that will be shared further in the next message, to be posted here on Wednesday, July 14 at noon. Can we yet be in a position to “…provide new Guards for [our] future security,” and still avoid the dreadful, bloody cost of failure? Maybe!
What makes American a miracle? Remember that the Founders of our Republic recognized the hand of Divine Providence attending its birth. If we are going to have a restoration of Liberty in America, is it possible that it can happen without a spiritual revival? Not likely!
The Founding Fathers and their associates inherently understood what we must remember today. As we commemorate the birth of our nation, with the hymn of our national anthem, including our many renditions of “…bombs bursting in air,” ponder these words as well:
Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved homes and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heaven-rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner forever shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
Please join us in this effort to ADVANCE the Cause of Liberty and please accept our best for a safe and…
Happy INDEPENDENCE Day commemoration!!